Wednesday, February 14, 2007

21w5d: I FELT IT!

This morning was kind of a pregnancy milestone, you could say!

Around 4am (yeah, another night of insomnia), I was laying back in the recliner watching tv, when I felt little Alyson kicking me to the right of my belly button. Every few seconds, there was another kick. I put my hands on my belly, figuring I still wouldn't be able to feel the kick from the outside, when I felt a big WHOMP against the palm of my hand. I swear, I was grinning from ear to ear. It was THE neatest feeling to be able to feel those kicks with my hands. She kept on kicking and when I took my hands off my belly and just kept an eye on that very spot, I actually saw my belly move too!!!! Amazing.

She really hasn't been kicking much during the day today, but that seems to be the usual. Just another reason I believe she's a night owl like mommy... she must have all her energy late at night and veeeeeery early into the morning. Seems she's on her mommy's sleep cycle too!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Woo hoo! That's awesome. I like to rest the remote on my belly and our little girl will kick it off!