Saturday, March 24, 2007

27w1d

Oh, how I dislike you, overly-sweet fruit punch drink. It is because of you that I now have to drink an even sweeter nasty concoction and sit through 3 long hours in a lab waiting room, and get stuck with needles three times during the process.

You suck, fruit punch drink.

Yep, that's right.... I failed my one-hour glucola. But do you know how much I failed it by? One point. ONE.... LOUSY.... POINT. This is the reason I am upset. I have to do the three-hour test all because of one lousy point. The nurse at my OB's office said that the cutoff is 135, and I got 136. I told her, "You've got to be kidding me." She goes, "I know honey, I'm sorry... one lousy point. " I didn't even have a thing to eat beforehand, even though I was allowed to have a light breakfast. I drank Crystal Light, that's it... and still got a 136.

So now I get to wake up bright and early and spend my day off Tuesday in the hospital getting poked at. Boo hiss.

(Fruit punch drink, did I mention that you suck?)

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Sorry to hear about the test, but most folks that go for the 3 hr test pass that one, so I have high hopes that you will come out just fine!

Anonymous said...

That's awful! I can't believe they won't just spot you that one point...or at least give you the onw hour test over again. Well good luck tomorrow and let us know how it goes.