Tuesday, March 27, 2007

27w4d: 3hr GTT

Well, today I went and had my 3 hour glucose tolerance test. I haven't had so much fun in a long time. Ha.

The lady gave me a choice of whether to drink fruit punch or lemon lime. I figured I had fruit punch the first time and it wasn't bad, so I'd take it again.

I thought I'd get the same drink, only twice the amount. Instead, it was the same amount as last time, but twice as sweet. I managed to get it down-- not as quickly as last time, mind you-- and sat there wondering how I'd be feeling within the next 5 minutes. I was ok for a little bit, then gradually my stomach started getting sick. I didn't puke though. I wasn't about to have to start the test all over again. My boring wait in the lab waiting room wasn't totally terrible...the first hour went sooooooo slow but thankfully for some odd reason the next few hours went rather quickly. I got out of there around 11:15am.

I was cracking up though... boy, did that drink wake Aly up! My stomach was jumping up all over the place. She must have been on a sugar high, poor thing. I was getting kicked and punched twice as much as usual. She gradually eased up on the karate as the sugary drink wore off. I can only imagine what she was thinking... "Woah, mom... ease up on the sugar! Jeez!"

In other news.... I got a package of 'goodies' from a girl who I grew up with. She used to live a few houses up from me and is also pregnant with her first baby right now. She's due a month before me. I had bought her a few things off her registry, and she did the same for me! I got it in the mail today and was so excited! I LOVE baby stuff!!! She ended up getting me a few adorable sundresses, a hooded bath robe, washclothes, a bib and a little tote bag. I can't wait to use everything :-)

One more thing to talk about.

My 27th birthday is April 13th, and I have figured out what I would like to do. I told my husband that the best gift in the world would be for us to go have a 3D/4D ultrasound! He initially goes, "Honey, you've had a few so far, and you'll probably have another... why do you want that?" Then I told him how detailed it is, that will will get a DVD and everything... and showed him pictures online of 3d/4d ultrasounds. He goes, "Oh! I didn't know it was like THAT!" So he's all for it now too :-) We'll probably do it within the next few weeks :-) I'm off my birthday weekend, and it's pretty much planned already, so we'll probably do it on a weekday sometime. I can't wait! All we have to do is figure out a good day and then call and set everything up.

Well, I'm gonna go watch American Idol now. Have a great night!

No comments: