Thursday, May 10, 2007


Well, I had another doctor's appointment this morning... things went pretty well. My pregnant butt gained another 2 pounds since my last visit, but doc didn't say anything about it. That puts me at 15 pounds for the whole pregnancy so far. He said, "That's 1 pound a week... you're doing everything right."

Woo hoo!

Aly was being stubborn this morning and wouldn't let the nurse find her heartbeat. After a few minutes, she settled down and stayed in one spot. Her heartbeat was nice and strong. I've decided that I think Aly is head down, lying sideways with her butt toward my right side. (most of the time, anyway!) I always feel a big hard bump sticking out on my right side, probably her little butt! Also, yesterday she had the hiccups and I felt them down really low, then I could see the right side of my belly moving too... probably her belly. I could tell she was annoyed, because she kept moving around until they stopped. But anyway... I got a little off track there. Back to the appointment.... :-)

I told the doctor about how I've been swelling more lately... he kinda got an "uh oh" look on his face. I showed him my feet and said, "Well, right now, it's just my feet and ankles." His nurse practitioner asked me if it seems to happen more after work. I said yeah, but that even when I'm not working and am on my feet for a short period of time, my ankles and feet start swelling. She goes, "Well, how about we cut your hours down at work?" (Which is what I knew they would probably say...) I told her I really can't do that, because right now I'm working 3 days a week for 12 hour shifts. If I cut myself down to 8 hour shifts, that would make me have to work for 4 whole nights 11pm-7am, then pick up another 4 hours a different night. I am NOT going to be working 5 night a week and be swollen like that. The way I see it, I swell after a few hours at work, so it's still gonna suck regardless of whether I'm at work for 12 hours or 8 hours.

So then the nurse goes, "Well, how about we cut your days a week down?" (Which I'd LOVE, but I can't do...) I told her, "Well, that'd be great and all, but I have to stay full time, since I'm the one holding the insurance husband is on MY insurance." If I dropped to only 2 days a week or whatever, that would be considered part time and the amount taken out of my paycheck every 2 weeks for insurance would go up about $400. No thank you.

So as of right now, I'm sticking with the same work schedule. Doc told me he'd just like to see me in a week, to make sure things are going ok. The good news is that even though I'm swelling a bit, my blood pressure was alright. It was 110/something this morning... at least it's not climbing. Then I'd be worried.

Now I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that things stay alright and that I don't have to go on maternity leave early. I'm just gonna do what I've been doing...watching my salt and drinking water. Doc said "Don't drink TOO much, just ENOUGH." So I'm assuming that's the recommended 8 glasses a day. Still hard to do! Thank goodness for Crystal Light packets!

So that was my morning. I'm just gonna sit with my feet up and relax for now. I have to work AGAIN tonight, then I'm off for a 4-day weekend. Yay!

Here are a few belly shots I took... one was yesterday (the tired exhausted looking and the other was today after I got back from the doctor's. (A little more rested.)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

Jenny said...

You look fantastic! You should check with your insurance to see if you can cut your hours as part of a disability/FMLA claim and still keep your normal benefits since the doctor recommended it. That might help?!