Monday, May 21, 2007

35w3d

Lastnight while sitting on the couch, I noticed I was getting A LOT of sharp pains... maybe this is TMI, but it felt like I was getting poked in the cervix or something. They were just those sharp pains that take your breath away.... then I got a little crampy! Luckily that all lasted for about a half hour then went away.

I don't know whether that was a form of braxton hicks or not. I tried to see if my belly felt all hard through that, but I don't think it did. I think Aly was just positioned to where she was putting pressure 'downstairs.' It was driving me nuts though! So much so that I started looking to see if that was a symptom you experience prior to labor!! Cause hell, I don't know what to expect...lol.

I just keep wondering where I'm going to be or what I'm going to be doing when I go into labor. I really hope I'm at home when I start having regular contractions and/or my water breaks. I ESPECIALLY hope I'm at home for the water breaking part, if that should happen prior to going to the hospital. I don't want to be out shopping at the mall, or walking down the street...lol. All my coworkers say that they hope I go into labor at work. Why, I don't know. But hey, at least I'd be in the right place! Part of me thinks I'd still go home and get a shower, make sure my hospital bag is packed with everything I need, etc... but that's NOW. When the time comes, I just might be changing my mind about that if I'm not at home! Luckily we just live 10 minutes down the road from the hospital, so we should have plenty of time to get things situated once I DO go into labor.

Can you tell I'm getting nervous?! It's that excited kinda nervous though. With each day and week that goes by, I look even more forward to holding little Aly in my arms!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

You are getting so close, I can understand why you are getting nervous. Fear not, 85% of all people's water breaks either at home or at the doctor/hospital. Take it easy, hopefully those pains were just some practice contractions and your little Aly will stay in there for a couple more weeks!

Kristen Miller said...

Yeah...I don't think the sharp pains down there have anything to do with contractions. I've been getting more and more of those in the evenings. I don't know what he's doing in there but it sure can get uncomfortable. I just look down at my belly and plead with him to "Please calm down in there!".

As far as I know I still haven't felt any braxon hicks contractions and he still hasn't dropped any. I'm pretty ready for him to get here though. Next week would be great if he wants to decide to come then. :)