Saturday, November 04, 2006

7 weeks

All through the day I've been sick to my stomach, from the moment I woke up. I felt bad because my husband went to ask me something when I woke up and I just put my finger up to say "wait a minute" and had to run to the bathroom because I thought I was going to puke. Luckily nothing happened.

I've just had NO appetite. At every meal, it takes me forever to decide what I want to eat. I made marinated turkey, baked potatoes and corn for us at dinner, and when the smell of turkey came wafting to my nose, I almost got the dry heaves. I couldn't even eat the dinner I cooked. I had bites of a baked potato, then ended up heating up a can of Spaghetti-O's. Spaghetti O's! (Another impulsive pregnancy craving while grocery shopping the other day.) Tonight I made a bagel with PB&J on it and managed to keep that down, along with a big glass of milk. I feel like it's kind of a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation... if I eat TOO much, I'm sick. If I don't eat enough and let myself get too hungry, I'm sick. Therefore, I have to eat little bits at a time, so I feel like I'm having to eat fifty times a day. Ugh.... I just LOVE this!

To get off the subject of dry heaves and hurling...

My parents came over to visit us this evening. My mom was all excited looking at my pregnancy books. She goes, "Ohhhhhh! The baby looks like THIS!" and pointed to the picture of a 7 week embryo. I showed her some other pictures at 7 weeks along, which got her even more excited. According to the books, my baby is around 1/2" long, about the size of a raspberry, and is starting to look like a little human. I love it.

I just can't wait until my first prenatal appointment, which is Tuesday morning. I hope and pray every day that our little one is healthy and that everything is going as planned. I just want to see that little heartbeat and know everything is ok. Please keep us all in your prayers.

No comments: