Tuesday, December 12, 2006

12w4d

Been awhile since I posted... I need to get caught up on this blog.

After the weekend, I didn't have any more cramping. However, Thursday night at work I had a little scare and had to go to the ER. Luckily I work in a hospital, so all I had to do was go right downstairs. I had gone to the bathroom and noticed I was spotting dark brown and also had alot of it when I wiped. (Sorry if TMI...) I got freaked out so I went to the ER just to be safe. Thank goodness we only live 10 minutes away, so it didn't take my husband long to get there and be by my side.

They checked for fetal heart tones and found them after a few minutes, nice and strong in the 160's. I was SO RELIEVED. All I kept thinking when this was happening was, "Oh my God, this is it... something bad is going to happen." (I know, I should be optimistic.) They then did a urinalysis just to make sure I didn't have an infection, because that can cause cramping/bleeding...but that came back fine. I went home a little after midnight and just rested. WHAT A SCARE.

I spotted real light brown all through the day Friday, but none since then. I called my OB doc that morning and they said that brown is normally ok and that since it wasn't bad and I wasn't cramping, they would get me in the office first thing Monday (yesterday) morning.

The weekend went well....no problems. Thank goodness.

Yesterday I went to my appointment bright and early at 8:45am. The nurse checked my BP (which was surprisingly good at 110/70! YAY!) and did my weight. I asked her if I've gained any weight yet and she goes, "One pound...not bad." She then took me in the exam room and listened for fetal heart tones. She found them right away.... I was just smiling and smiling and smiling. I told her, "That is the best sound in the world to me right now!" She held the doppler on me for about a minute and the little baby heart was just beating away, nice and fast. Sounded to me like it was still around 160.

When doc came in, he checked me out and said he didn't see any more signs of brown or anything, and that everything looked good. They were thinking of doing another US in a few weeks, but the nurse said that since my first one was fine, they weren't going to do it. The doc just wants me to come back in 2 weeks, just to keep and eye on me. I go back December 27... I'm now feeling optimistic that, yes, things are going to be ok.

Everyone at work keeps asking, "Are you ok? How are you feeling? Everything alright?" It's good to have the support of your coworkers. They called me at home while I was off for a few days just to check on me and make sure I was ok... I really appreciated that.

Well, that's my update for now. As for today, I'm feeling so-so. I still get queasy if I don't eat every few hours or so, but that's about it. OH...and this morning--- I got home and evidentally the hubby had taken food out of the fridge lastnight and thrown it in the garbage. He took it to the dumpster THIS MORNING, but also that meant he let it marinate overnight. The house smelled like something died in here thismorning, which automatically had me dry heaving as soon as I unlocked the front door and walked in the house this morning. I seriously had to call him and make sure some strange animal didn't get in the house and die underneath something. Yes, it was that bad. And YES, the smell is better now. It couldn't even classify as a smell. It was more of a STANK. Ugh.

Alright, more another time.

No comments: