Sunday, December 24, 2006

14w2d

Well, it's officially Christmas Day in 3 hours. Hope everyone is having an enjoyable holiday season so far with friends and family!

My husband and I went to church at 4pm today, thinking that it wouldn't be THAT crowded. WRONG! It was standing room only by the time we got there. A view standing in the back of the church with tons of other people just isn't the same as being in the pews with everyone else. Oh well... I was there, that's what counts.

Standing in the back, I got to see everything that always goes on BEHIND my back during church. I saw all the mothers carrying their babies around, trying to keep them from crying and what not... all the cute little baby girls and boys dressed in their adorable Christmas outfits. I couldn't help but get a smile on my face, thinking, "That'll be ME next year, carrying around a little 6 month-old baby!" I can't wait.

After church, we went to my Grandma's house with the rest of my mom's side of the family. It was crazy (in a good way!) as usual! My cousin had her new baby there... she is absolutely adorable. I got to hold her for awhile... everyone was saying, "Practice up...it's your turn next year!" Again, I can't wait.

I THINK I've been feeling the 'quickening' lately... it feels like gas bubbles sometimes, and then other times it's just a weird feeling I can't describe... a NEW feeling that I just know is my little baby moving around. It is the neatest thing knowing that there is a little baby, only 4 inches long so far, moving all around in there.

Oh, and another update... my appetite is finally returning from the short attack of the flu earlier in the week. No more dry heaving 24-7. THANK GOODNESS. I was dreading the thought that possibly my morning sickness had come back with a vengeance. Instead, it's been replaced with several episodes of heartburn at night. I was reluctant to take TUMS at first, but after reading that it was safe during pregnancy (wasn't on my doc's list of meds I can take), I popped a couple and it worked wonders. I have a feeling TUMS are going to be my best friend in the coming months.

That's all for now. To anyone reading this--- have a GREAT Christmas! Be safe if you're out traveling!

No comments: